Seraikella, September 1, 2018: A team of Jharkhand Tribal development Society (JTDS) and International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) JRM today visit of Itakudar and Sinisidma villages in Seraikella-Kharsawan district and inspected the work being carried by FNGO-YUVA at the ground level and also audited the books. This was a routine annual assessment of the project that is done in every financial year.
This time the team visited and inspected the work going on in two revenue villages, Itakudar and Sinisidma. Itakudar is a cluster village under Income Generating Activities whereas Sinisidma has developed as Farmers Service Center (FSC).
At Itakudar, the JRM team arrived at 10:00 AM and then the team followed it up with a visit to Sinisidma at 2:00 PM. The team comprised of Country head Rasha Umar and Manoj Sinha from IFAD team and JTDS team respectively. During the visit at Itakudar the team inspected and analysed the following activities.
- IGA Cluster – Goat Rearing: Acceptance of the beneficiaries to correct method of rearing like- proper platform to the Goat for living, proper treatment by the Pasumitra and ratio of birth and death among the goat.
- Paddy field growth: comparison between traditional and SRI method adaptation by the beneficiaries.
- Audited the book keeping of GSPEC, VDF and SHG.
During the visit in the afternoon at the Sinisidma village, the visiting team interacted with the SHGs beneficiaries directly on the field and had a direct discourse with them on the following topics.
- Convergence with MGNREGA and JTDS
- SRI cultivation process and outcome
- IGA activity on the field by the SHGs on backyard livestock rearing like Goat and Poultry.
- Discussed with SHGs on regular Minutes of Meeting of the SHGs, Saving and Inter-loaning.
Indeed, on a common note the team has also interacted with the Community Resource Persons in both the village and questioned on “how they look at this project and how the project has benefited and changed the life skills of the villagers.”